It’s definitely difficult to find core curriculum apps for vocabulary. Here are more of the features from this app:
For each student, you choose which activity/activities they are going to work on and on what level(s). Included are K/1, 2/3, and 4/5 levels for each activity.
Above you will see both the receptive and expressive options for antonyms.
Overall, this has been a good app that I use with my language students! Here is my quick pros/improvements list:
- Nice, colorful, realistic stimulus photos.
- Clear voice for instruction.
- Data tracking included in the app with the ability to print/e-mail the progress.
- Keeps data stored on the app for each student!
- You can change from receptive to expressive without exiting the game.
- The reinforcer games are motivating for students and can be turned on or off!
- You can customize by adding your own vocab.
- Overall a solid… great for SLPs with elementary and middle school language clients!
- There is currently a small glitch in the antonyms section – hopefully this will be updated in future releases.
- I wish there were an option to only count first attempts on the receptive sections. The data is a little skewed if you typically only count 1st attempt in your data collection.
Disclosure: VSC provided a copy of this app for review. No other compensation was provided and all opinions are that of the author.