This quick post is more of a question than a post. The RtI concept was introduced to our district several years ago but never as a cohesive how-to. Therefore, RtI became a typical speech therapy session without an IEP. As I was new to this building this year, I have been piloting a new RtI program at my K-5 building which may be taken district-wide next year. I was curious what, if any, RtI model your school does. The big questions being:
- Are there grade-wide screenings done and if so, which grades? Who does this?
- If no, how are students recommended for services.
- Do you follow a tiered system (3-tiers is the typical model with this) and if so, what does each tier look like.
- What are your responsibilities at each level of intervention?
- What else can you tell me? Any resources on the web that you refer to for RtI?